Monday, November 12, 2012

Taco Seasoning

My family LOVES tacos!! Not just tacos, but nachos, chimichangas, burritos...... anything with seasoned mexican beef!
 
Needless to say I go through a LOT of taco seasoning. One day I decided that I was tired of buying seasoning and I decided to make my own. BEST decision ever!!! This seasoning is so good, plus it doesn't have all of the bad stuff in it that store bought stuff does.
 
 
Recipe-
 
6 Tbs chili powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 Tbs paprika
3 Tbs cumin
2 Tbs salt
2 Tbs black pepper
 
 

Mix together and store in air tight container- (I use an old spice container that was empty)
 
 
* Also a tip - I ALWAYS simmer my meat and seasoning in beef broth, NOT water. The beef broth brings out the flavor in the seasoning, water doesn't.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment