Monday, November 26, 2012

Learning to sew!

Happy Birthday to me (again) :)
 
Today, I finally opened up my sewing machine that my sister-in-law bought me for my birthday!!!
 
It is ok to be a little jealous.....LOL
 
 
The first thing that I had to do was figure out how to work it! I admit that I was a bit intimidated, but after I figured it out it wasn't bad :) I know that there are still TONS of things to learn on it, but I am taking it one step at a time.
 
The girls and I received our flag patches at karate and they need to be sewed onto our uniforms, so I figured that was a good starting project.
 
YAY!!! I did it!!!
 
My next project with my sewing machine will be completed by the end of the week because I need it by the 1st.
 
 
I am making a calender with pockets in it. Everyday in the month of December up until Christmas we are going to have something special to do. I want a calender that has pockets and can hold the card that tells us what we are doing that day. Hopefully it will turn out how I want it to!! Fingers crossed :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment