Don't they look yummy?
When I first started making this recipe I made it like it was a ravioli cookie.
I place an Andes Mint candy in between 2 cookie squares and pinched the side together like I do to ravioli. The problem that I found with that was the chocolate was only in the center of the cookie. I would end up with bites of just sugar cookie, no chocolate. I like for my cookie to have chocolate in every bite!!! I started making them into drop cookies with the Andes Mint candy chopped up and throughout the whole cookie. MUCH BETTER!! I would say that this is one of my kids favorite cookie :)
1 cup sugar
2 sticks butter (softened)
3 Tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 package of Andes Mint Chocolate Candies
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
Pre-heat oven to 350
1. Beat sugar and butter together until mixed together.
2. Add milk, egg and vanilla and beat again until combined.
3. In separate bowl add flour, baking powder and salt - mix well.
4. Add flour mixture to egg/sugar mixture and beat together.
5. Cut up Andes Chocolate and add to mixture.
(I cut each of my chocolates into 8 pieces)
6. Drop cookies on to cookie sheet and bake for 10-13 min
7. When cookies are finished I microwave about 1/4 cup chocolate chips in microwave. (Cook then at 30 sec intervals then stir continue doing this until all the chocolate is melted.) Then put melted chocolate to a sandwich bag and cut a small hole in the tip. Use the chocolate in the baggie to make chocolate designs on the top of the cookies.