Saturday, June 22, 2013

Our Pocono Palace Vacation

After a couple of long months of hectic chaos I am finally back!!! Lets see if I can continue strong or slack off again.....lol :)

On with the blog......

This year Michael and I will celebrate our 5 year anniversary! (June 27th)  Back in February we started looking for places that we would like to go for vacation.  We had never been on vacation just the two of us and we were beyond ecstatic that Michael's parents were willing to watch our kids  for a couple of days while we went away!

Now, if you know anything about me, then you know that I hate paying full price for anything!  Vacations included! I started looking on Groupon at the different vacation packages they had (If you don't know what Groupon is, google it!) Anyways, I came across a package deal for an all-inclusive deal at Pocono Palace Resort.  After extensive research, we decided that is where we wanted to go!! The Groupon that we had was about 50% cheaper than the normal price!

 
Let me tell you what........ best money ever spent!! Michael and I had the best time :) 

 
We stayed in the Champagne Towers, 

        a three level, very romantic room.

Bedroom area


In room heart shaped pool

 massage table and sauna

 Fireplace and a Jacuzzi tub shaped like a champagne 
glass.

There were so many fun amenities on the property (for those of us who wanted things to do outside of our room.....lol)

 We went fishing

Michael caught 5......
I only caught one, but I was proud of my one :)
 
Went out on the paddle boats

Went for a walk on the beach/trail areas
 
Played darts
 
 
Went on a bike ride

I shot a bow and arrow for the first time ever!
 
I didn't do bad either :)
 
They also had different couples events from 1-5pm everyday. We competed against other couples in lots of different games.

We played Bocce Ball

Mini golf
 
Pool

They also had nightly entertainment. 

Michael won a game like "Singing Bee"
 
The couple to come in first in any of the games won a medal. 
Michael and I ended up winning 7 different medals.  

 
I loved the evening events! One night we played the Newlywed not so Newlywed game  against 3 other couples.  Some of it was very embarrassing,  but hilarious!  We tied for first place with another couple and won one of our medals. 

One night there was a magician and he was AWESOME.  
The last night we stayed to see the comedians.  They had 3 comedians,  two of them were very good, the other..... not so much.

We also ended up meeting a wonderful couple that we spent the last 2 evenings with. It was funny because the first night that we were there we saw a few tables at dinner with 4 or 6 people at them. We were saying how strange it was to go to a couples resort with another couple........ then we had dinner with them our last night there......lol

I don't know what it was about them, but we all really clicked! There has only been one other couple that Michael and I have ever clicked with like we did with them. 

I really hope in time our paths cross again!

We had such a wonderful and relaxing time!!!! I am blessed to have in-laws that are willing to watch 6 kids so that we could get away :) Without them this vacation would not have been possible, so a huge thank you to them!!!

If you ever have a chance to go there.... DO IT :)
 
And........

We have a forever souvenir from our wonderful vacation!!!


 Baby #7 is on its way :)
I told Michael that I am going to get him/her a onsie that says,
 "Made in the Poconos"



No comments:

Post a Comment