Saturday, January 5, 2013

Closer than before

Through this trying time I have learned so much! I am so glad that in the midst of all of my tears, heartache and fear that God is still there :) He is showing me new things daily about me, my life and the people in it.
 
I have learned that in the little amount of time that we have lived out here (6 months) that we have more friends and people that we can turn to than anywhere else we have lived before.
 
We are strengthening relationships that we already had and building new ones. I pray that the people who have stepped up and helped us out and showed us support through this end up being close friends to us as well!  
 
I have learned that family isn't just who your blood line is. There are friends/people who are in my life now that I consider family more than, say my brother...... I hope that these people know that I will always be there for them when they need me!!
 
Most importantly, I am closer to my husband that I ever was before. I knew that my husband loved me before all of this, but there is something about going through a tough situation. It can either push you apart or it can pull you closer together. I am thankful that God is using this hard time for His glory and I know that when we come out of this fire that we will be stronger and closer than ever before!
 
Seeing Michael and how he reacted when I was arrested will be forever ingrained in my mind. Seeing him through the little window in his holding area at the jail brought me more comfort than I ever though possible. His hand pressed up against the glass was exactly what I needed to see to know that everything was going to be ok. When I got him out of jail, he held me and I never wanted him to let go! His arms were the only place in the world that I wanted to be. Last Sunday at church I was feeling like I was going to loose it and I looked over at him and he looked me in the eyes and it totally calmed me down.
 
I am so blessed to have a husband who I know will always be by my side to help calm me down and make me laugh when I need it most. We are going to get to go out for a date tonight and I am counting down the minutes! I am blessed that God placed Michael in my life to help me become the person that He wants for me to be.

Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.


We love each other more today than yesterday, but not as much as tomorrow :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment