Friday, January 18, 2013

Another update

 
One of my goals for 2013 was to blog everyday. Well, with everything that is going on in our lives right now I totally blew that out of the water.  Hopefully, I will accomplish my goal at some point when things seem a little less crazy :)
 
I have had a lot of people asking me lately how we are doing and if things are settling down for us. Honestly, I am shocked at how many people care about us. God has brought some of the most wonderful people on the planet into our lives and I am truly blessed!
 
I do want to take a few minutes to update everyone about what has happened over the last couple of weeks.
 
We went to court on the 7th, but nothing happened. It was court for us to tell the judge if we were going to hire our own lawyer or if we were going to need a court appointed one. We were not sure at the time so he set at new court date for Feb 11th to come back and tell him our decision.
 
After we left court that day we went to talk with a lawyer. The lawyer basically said that this is not a criminal matter it is a civil matter. Penske doesn't have anything criminal against us, but they jumped through every hoop that they could possibly jump though to make it a criminal matter. Basically, Penske is using the court to be their bill collector. The lawyer said that he (or anyone who represents us) should make it clear to the judge that is what is what is going on. If our representation does their job right, it should be dropped. The lawyer wants $3500 to represent both of us, and that is just not in the budget right now so we will be going with a court appointed lawyer.
 
Prayers for a court appointed lawyer who cares about his/her job and is out to fight for us would be greatly appreciated!! My biggest fear is getting a lawyer who just doesn't care. This is a felony and could possibly mean jail time if the lawyer doesn't do his job right.
 
I also talked to him about my ticket for driving with a suspended license. He doesn't seem to think that it will be a big deal. I honestly didn't know about it and when I found out I fixed it the next business day. Plus I have a perfect driving record so there is nothing to suggest that I was purposely trying to break the law. Prayers for this would be appreciated also since I have chosen not to hire a lawyer for this. I go to court on Feb 22nd for the ticket.
 
As far as the car goes, the insurance said it was a total loss. I figured that was going to be the case :( They are giving us a little over $1400 or the car. Which for the year and just book value isn't that bad. The problem is that the car has been in my family for the past 17 year and I KNOW how it was cared for. My mother and then my grandparents were never late on an oil change. They had every tune-up done at the mileage suggested. The littlest noise it was taken to the shop to be fixed. It was a mechanically good car! PLUS it fit 8 people!! Anything that we will be able to buy for $1400 is going to be junk :( Everything we have seen is small and there is something wrong with it...... air, heat, needs a new whatever......
 
My husband and I made a decision a couple of years ago that we would NEVER again finance a vehicle and we are going to stick by that decision. So honestly I have no clue what we are going to do about replacing our vehicle. I need a fairy Godmother to appear and hand me over some keys to a new van....lol
 
I was told yesterday that I need to make a list up of everything that I lost in the vehicle grocery wise, plus money lost because of work and giving other people money to drive me around and turn that into the insurance guy so I can be compensated for that. Something else to be added to my list of things to do..... it keeps growing and growing
 
I had a state trooper come to the house 2 nights ago to question me about the trooper who arrested me. I filed a complaint through the state and he had to come over and get a statement from me. He also took pictures of my wrists now to compare to the pictures that I have from the incident.
 
There are other personal things we are dealing with as well, but I know that God is still good and I still see Him in the midst of all of this craziness! I know that He is bigger than any of this and He has my back :) I am taking things day by day and it will be another couple of months until all of this is settled down. Until then I will continue to Praise Him throughout my day because I know that He will use this for His glory some day!
 
2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment