Thursday, December 6, 2012

DIY window cleaner

One thing I go through like crazy in this house is window cleaner!! 6 kids = 12 hand prints on my windows, doors, mirrors and fish tank! I go through this stuff like it is water!
 
About a year ago a friend of mine introduced me to DIY cleaning products. I decided to ask her about recipes for window cleaner. She gave me one that I love!!!
 
 
Mix together -
1/4 c rubbing alcohol
1/4 c vinegar
1 tbs cornstarch
2 c warm water
 
I used an old bottle that I had on hand :)
 
You will need to give it a shake before you use it because the corn starch settles on the bottom of the bottle after a while.
 
I LOVE this stuff!!! I use it all of the time and I have NEVER bought store cleaner again after trying this recipe. It cleans good and it doesn't leave streaks. Best part?? It is CHEAP to make and it doesn't contain strong chemicals.
 
**I clean my windows with paper towels. I know some people say to wash them with newspaper because it works better, but I really don't like the feeling of newspaper on my hands. The paper towels work just fine :)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment